The north of Western Australia will be the prime spot to witness the majesty of the May 9th / May 10th Annular Solar Eclipse of 2013 !! I have been to the “North” to Collier Range National Park, and it is beautiful, and I can only imagine what it will be like there at sun-rise tomorrow! However, as I live in a suburb of Perth, the capital city of Western Australia, hundreds of miles away from Collier Range, instead I will be up at 6.53am tomorrow Friday, to witness what I can of the Eclipse.
See this page HERE for viewing times around Australia. My last post gives links to good information about this powerful Eclipse. I am also duplicating Carol Ann C’iocco’s newsletter of today here, as it contains very intriguing and important information. Past newsletters of Carol Ann can be found here, and I recommend you sign up to receive her Newsletters directly to your In Box.
Ring of Fire
Spiritual Expansion Opportunity
annular solar eclipse
may 9/10, 2013
May 8, 2013Hi everyone, this is just a reminder that tomorrow we have a powerful and beautiful Annular Solar Eclipse, also known as a ‘Ring of Fire‘ eclipse. I sent a newsletter over the weekend that includes the full information concerning the path of this eclipse and some ideas for meditation/contemplation as we view or tune into the eclipse. That newsletter can be found here for review:
Annular Solar Eclipse
Red Centre Ring of Fire
May 9/10, 2013:
The full link is here, which you can copy and paste if the shortened link doesn’t work:
You will find below a list of viewing times for those in the viewing area. In addition, I have listed the times of the ‘eclipse window‘ for those who won’t see the eclipse but want to *tune in*. The eclipse will most likely be live-streamed on the internet, which you will easily be able to find via a search engine. However, in my opinion, if you cannot be in the actual viewing location to interact viscerally with the remarkable Ring of Fire, I find it is a deeper and richer spiritual experience to *tune in* to the eclipse in meditation (individual or group), contemplation or ritual/ceremony. If you are able to meditate with your eyes open (some people can!) then viewing the eclipse online would surely be a profound experience! Otherwise, I invite you to connect with the consciousness of the radiant Sun and Moon at the moment of their communion. Listen and feel. The eclipse has a message for you. See below for more information.
My prayer for all of us during this eclipse: We are living in a time of great change, fraught with peril but also with great beauty, and containing the ultimate opportunity to change the path of human history for the better. As we tune into this eclipse we find a wonderful real-time opportunity for the union of our consciousness and for expanding our hearts and minds. May Peace be with all of us as we enter the Red-Hot Centre Ring of Fire, an alter-dimension of purification and healing. And as we embark on this holy eclipse journey, may we raise our consciousness and, through our united focus, expand the truth of Oneness throughout the world, bringing healing and compassion to all creatures. Namaste _/|\_
Note: I am booking consults for June right now. If you would like to review your chart in regard to all of the powerful opportunities for spiritual growth at our fingertips in this life-changing spring/summer, go to this link to purchase your consult: http://ow.ly/jjJu3 I will then contact you to gather information and get you on the calendar. Also consider a follow-up if we haven’t connected in a while. With all the transformational energies swirling around, it might be time for a “tune-up” 🙂
Eclipse Viewing Opportunities
TOTAL ECLIPSE VIEWING
On the morning of Friday May 10, in locations east of the International Date Line, the Annular Eclipse in its totality will be seen over Australia, Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands. PEOPLE AT THESE LOCATIONS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE (weather permitting) THE RING OF FIRE EFFECT.
In these locations, the moon in its Annular totality will obscure 95% of the sun’s disk. The coveted Ring of Fire sought by eclipse viewers the world over will pop into view, as the dark Moon becomes completely surrounded by the brilliant light of the distant Sun. See the picture at right – this is an animation of the complete annular event, which lasts approximately 2-3 hours. The actual Ring of Fire will last for 109 seconds. For an animation of the eclipse over the earth, go to http://ow.ly/kQarN
The shadow of the eclipse first touches down over the Northern Territory of Australia, a bit to the east of the small settlement of Newcastle Waters. Soon after, the central part of the eclipse shadow will strike the Earth in the Pilbara Region of Western Australia on the east side of Collier Range National Park. The nearest major town is Newman, a modern mining community of about 4,200.
Australia Western Standard Time will be 6:31am on May 10 and, if the skies are clear, residents will witness “a most unusual sunrise” Note: witnessing an Annular eclipse in its most awe-inspiring form occurs at sunrise. I.e. while annular solar eclipses lack the extreme drama of a total solar eclipse (when the solar corona becomes visible and day turns to night), they nonetheless provide a dramatic view – and are especially spectacular at sunrise or sunset when framed against a landscape.
Those in the town of Newman or nearby (which is where many eclipse chasers will be!) will witness this “most unusual sunrise”: “at 6:31am local time on May 10, 2013, those gathering in the area will see the sun will emerge into view from beyond the east-northeast horizon. It will first resemble a pair of lobster claws and then when in full view, a horseshoe with upturned pointed tips. Finally with the dark disk of the Moon appearing to move down as opposed to the Sun moving up and off-centered “ring of fire” materializes, sitting just above the horizon. This wonderfully weird effect lasts 109 seconds, ending when the ring appears to “break” at the Sun’s lower limb. Within minutes the Sun again resembles a horseshoe, but now the pointed tips are directed downward.” – Guy Ottewell
Here are the exact times of the eclipse experience in the Pilbara Region, east of Collier Range National Park, with the nearest town being Newman:
On the morning of Friday May 10 (i.e. east of the International Date Line):
Partial eclipse begins: 5:27 am
Go to the following link for details on other viewing times of Annular totality of this eclipse in Australia – some of the locations will also see a sunrise annular eclipse. (You will also find here some cautions for how to view a solar eclipse without harming your eyes):
PARTIAL ECLIPSE VIEWING
A Partial eclipse will be seen in a much broader path, which includes a large swath of Australia, as well as Indonesia, Oceania and much of the central Pacific Ocean.
Hawaii will be the only state in the United States to see (weather permitting) this eclipse. The eclipse will be partial – the moon will cover 36% of the sun – and it will look like a horseshoe or like lobster claws (see picture at right). The eclipse will be seen in the afternoon/early evening on Thursday May 9. The eclipse will last approximately 2-3 hours.
If you are in Hawaii you can see this eclipse in its partial form at these times:
On the afternoon/evening of Thursday, May 9 (west of the International Date Line)
Go to this link for other locations and viewing times for seeing this eclipse in its partial form:
The best way to experience an eclipse is in person – especially Annular and Total Solar eclipses, which are rare events. However, most of us can’t get to the location(s) of the eclipse and so the second best way to experience an eclipse is by tuning in to the eclipse energies in our consciousness. I find that meditation of any kind, as well as ritual/ceremony, or other group/individual spiritual work, is a wonderful method for tapping into the ‘message’ of an eclipse.
The path of any eclipse tells a tale, especially Annular and Total Solar eclipses. These eclipses are like a spotlight or “cosmic eye” that is casting its gaze on specific places which resonate with specific energies. With its glance, the eclipse (i.e. the sun and moon) suddenly lights up important themes critical for the time of the eclipse (as well as at least 30 days before and 30 days after). Since this is a Ring of Fire eclipse, we are entering a sacred portal of purification, healing, heat and light.
The newsletter I sent several days ago contained very detailed information concerning the path of this eclipse (for more in-depth inquiry, that newsletter can be found here: http://ow.ly/kQ2yS ) The eclipse points to several topics for meditation and contemplation, as described below.
NOTE: if you miss the exact times of the eclipse, its effects last for at least 30 days afterward, so you can do your meditation at any time in the month to follow.
The May 9/10, 2013 eclipse path reveals the following themes:
(1) The Pleiades, and the Pleiadean Annular Ring of Fire eclipse on May 20, 2012. My newsletter on that eclipse can be found here: http://ow.ly/kvzBb
(2) The potent Total Solar Eclipse, also over Australia, on November 13/14, 2012. My newsletter on that eclipse can be found here: http://ow.ly/kQiHv
(3) The ancient origins of the earth, dating back 4.5 billion years, which can be found in Zircon crystals at Jacks Hills in Western Australia. This is potent and primordial energy, which takes us on a journey into DEEP TIME, pulling us out of our mundane consciousness so that we can truly understand where we come from – the origins of life on earth. Zircon w74 is The Earliest Piece of Earth (http://ow.ly/kI7UK) and so it is a library with the earth’s entire history encoded in it, not unlike the Akashic Records.
(4) The energy of the planet’s first breaths, the breathing of the biosphere, and aligning our breath with it.
(5) The ancient baked bones of the vast Red Centre of Australia, where the heartbeat of the earth has been recorded deep in the rocks for billions of years. This primordial information was intuited by the Aborigines, one of the First Peoples of the earth, who stepped foot onto land 50-60,000 years ago.
(6) The Wurubunga Aboriginal tribe, its music and its unique vibration, especially as expressed in the area of the “Devil’s Marbles” in the Tanami desert. THE MUSIC AT THIS LINK IS A BEAUTIFUL SOUNDTRACK FOR YOUR ECLIPSE EXPERIENCE: http://vimeo.com/30259252 (Shellie Morris & the Yanyuwa Songwomen with the Gondwana Children’s Choir) And an exquisite mantra for this eclipse is: Don’t be frightened, come in. – a Warumunga Aboriginal saying
(7) The Grey Falcon, a ghostly elusive bird which initiates us into inaccessible realms and calls us into the mysteries of life on earth. It reveals the unknowable to those who are still, quiet and listening. It beckons us into right relationship and partnership, and into accelerated velocity in our spiritual evolution, as well bringing lightning-fast bursts of higher consciousness energies.
(8) The need for healing of women and the Divine Feminine in Papua New Guinea. This in reference to the dark, barbaric practices of cannibalism (in the past); and the shocking and atrocious modern-day witch burnings which are taking place NOW in this location. Focus of healing on this area is particularly powerful under an eclipse.
(9) The need for balancing of dualities, and the understanding of freedom, Equality, relationship, and love. This in reference to the persecution of gay individuals in The Solomon Islands.
(10) The healing of the energies of war and death as reflected in the island of Tarawa, scene of a bloody battle in World War II when 6,000 Japanese and Americans lost their lives there.
(11) The cooling, soothing energies of the mystical oceans of this planet, as the energies of Taurus love and beauty wash away all of the darkness of our history on this planet. Here we can explore the healing of the imbalances in the oceans and in nature, caused by human interference.
(12) And finally, as the eclipse sweeps us back out into space and an even wider vision of earth, we take on a cosmic vision and are altered in our journey as we see the Earth, Sun and Moon in their true expression. The Sun is a star! And the Earth is a fragile, exquisite biosphere which, when viewed from space, can induce the spontaneous spiritual bliss of samahdi, a life-changing awareness of Oneness. This revelation of Earth is only possible after 4.5 million years of evolution on this remarkable blue marble suspended in black space. The Overview Effect video – released in February 2013, so it is very current – captures the concluding message of the May 9/10 eclipse in a visceral way, and it can be found here: http://vimeo.com/55073825#
Eastern Daylight time – Thursday May 9
Eclipse energies begin: 5:25 PM
Annular Eclipse begins: 6:31 PM
Maximum Eclipse: 8:23 PM
Annular Eclipse ends: 10:20 PM
Eclipse energies end: 11:25 PM
Pacific Daylight time – Thursday May 9
Eclipse energies begin: 2:25 PM
Annular Eclipse begins: 3:31 PM
Maximum Eclipse: 5:23 PM
Annular Eclipse ends: 7:20 PM
Eclipse energies end: 8:25 PM
London England – Wed/Thurs May 9/10
Eclipse energies begin: 10:25 PM
Maximum Eclipse: 1:23 AM
Annular Eclipse ends: 2:20 AM
Eclipse energies end: 4:25 AM
You can convert the time for your location at this website: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
We are living in a time of great change, fraught with peril but also with great beauty, and containing the ultimate opportunity to change the path of human history for the better. As we tune into this eclipse we find a wonderful real-time opportunity for the union of our consciousness and for expanding our hearts and minds. May Peace be with all of us as we enter the Red-Hot Centre Ring of Fire, an alter-dimension of purification and healing. And as we embark on this holy eclipse journey, may we raise our consciousness and, through our united focus, expand the truth of Oneness throughout the world, bringing healing and compassion to all creatures. Namaste _/|\_